How everything started …
This missionary work is the result of a vision that Pastor Juarez Souza Noel, senior pastor in Australia, had for many years before extending me the invitation to be here and to feel remorseful by the Holy Spirit, he made the invitation so that my family and I would get a job that seemed so far from becoming a reality: A Church in New Zealand.
At the time I was still in Brazil. I was completing ten years of a missionary call to preach on the Oceania, and now I was seeing this call being fulfilled in my life and in my family.
After accepting this challenge, we came to New Zealand on February 24, 2006. We touch the soil of Auckland city, willing to do a great work with the help of the Holy Spirit.
We began the worship services in homes, we had no more than ten people for worship, there were many difficulties, but we believed that God had a great work to accomplish through our lives in this nation, and with much prayer and patience, God began to perform miracles and open doors before us, we stood firm and rested in God and He never abandoned us.
On March 24 we got a place to rent where then would be our first church. God has blessed us so much that after a year and eight months or so, we had to move to a bigger location. After three years, this place was also small for so many members, then we moved to the current address, located at 169 Symonds Street – Eden Terrace – Auckland.
Today we are praying and working for our own church, and we believe that within a short time Christian Agape Centre will have its own temple, in a new address in the name of Jesus.
Working, praying and looking towards the future we can achieve everything we want to expand the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. During the time of existence of this missionary work, God has made Agape Christian Centre a prosperous church in this nation and we believe that He will continue to provide growth.
We give praise and all honor, glory, power and majesty to God that so far has helped us, and we believe that He has hands outstretched on his church.
To Him we give all our gratitude.
Words of our Senior Pastor José Wanderlei dos Santos
In a transforming world which often changes its assumptions and values, the absolute principles of the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ remains unshakable, showing God’s purpose for mankind. We have the Bible as God’s revelation, given to holy men inspired by the Holy Spirit and recognize it as the sole and infallible authority for faith and conduct. This motto derives our Statement of Faith which consists of 14 doctrinal points, published and practiced by Christian Agape Centre. On this basis we believe:
1) In one God, eternally subsisting in three persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit (Dt 6.4; Mt 28:19; Mk 12:29).
2) In the verbal inspiration of the Holy Bible, the only infallible rule of faith normative for life and Christian character (2 Timothy 3.14-17).
3) In the virgin birth of Jesus, in His vicarious and atoning death, in His bodily resurrection from the dead and his victorious ascension into heaven (Isaiah 7:14; Rom 8:34 and Acts 1.9).
4) In the sinfulness of man who stripped him of the glory of God, and that only repentance and faith in the atoning and redemptive work of Jesus Christ is that you can restore it to God (Romans 3:23 and Acts 3:19).
5) In the absolute necessity of the new birth by faith in Christ and the active power of the Holy Spirit and the Word of God, to make man worthy of the Kingdom of Heaven (John 3.3-8).
6) In the forgiveness of sins, the gift and perfect salvation and eternal justification of the soul received freely from God by faith in the sacrifice made by Jesus Christ on our behalf (Acts 10:43; Romans 10:13; Hebrews 3.24-26 and 7.25; 5.9).
7) In the biblical baptism performed by whole body immersion once in water, in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, as determined the Lord Jesus Christ (Matthew 28:19; Romans 6.1-6 and Col. 2:12).
8) The need and the possibility that we have to live a holy life through the atoning and redeeming work of Jesus on Calvary, through the regenerating power, inspiring and sanctifying of the Holy Spirit, who enables us to live as faithful witnesses to the power of Christ (Heb 9:14 and 1 Peter 1:15).
9) In the biblical baptism in the Holy Spirit given to us by God through the intercession of Christ, with the initial evidence of speaking in other languages, according to his will (Acts 1.5; 2.4; 10.44-46; 19.1-7).
10) At the present time spiritual gifts distributed by the Holy Spirit to the Church for its construction, according to his sovereign will (1 Cor 12.1-12).
11) At the Second Coming of Christ pre millennial in two distinct phases. First – invisible to the world, to snatch his faithful Church of the earth before the Great Tribulation; second – visible and body with his glorified Church, to reign over the world for a thousand years (1 Thessalonians 4:16 17; 1 Cor 15.51-54, Rev. 20.4 Zech 14.5 and 14 Jd.).
12) That all Christians appear before the judgment seat of Christ to receive the reward of their deeds in the cause of Christ on earth (2 Corinthians 5:10).
13) In the coming judgment that will reward the faithful and condemn the unfaithful (Revelation 20.11-15).
14) And in the eternal life of joy and happiness for the faithful and sadness and torment for unbelievers (Mt 25:46).